How to Resolve a Breaking Ribbon on a DTC4250e
If you are having issues with your ribbons breaking when you try to print with your Fargo DTC4250e printer, there are several steps you can take to resolve the issue.
How to Resolve a Breaking Ribbon
- Update your printer’s drivers and firmware to the newest versions.
- Clean your printer. Regularly cleaning the printer will keep out dust and debris, which can damage the print head.
- Make sure your ribbon cartridge is installed correctly.
- Calibrate the ribbon sensor.
- Reduce the print head power.
- Try using a different ribbon.
- Ensure that you are using the correct power supply (each printer comes with a power supply). Also make sure that the printer is not plugged into a surge protector.