How to Resolve Ribbon Error 97 on a HDP5000
If you are having issues with your ribbon and getting Ribbon Error 97 when you try to print with your Fargo HDP5000 printer, there are several steps you can take to resolve the issue.
How to Resolve Ribbon Error 97
- Update your printer’s drivers and firmware to the newest versions.
- Clean your printer. Regularly cleaning the printer will keep out dust and debris, which can damage the print head.
- Try using a different ribbon.
- Make sure your film and ribbon cartridges are installed correctly.
- Ensure that the ribbon spins freely in the ribbon cartridge – if it sticks or cannot spin freely, there may be a problem with the ribbon.
- Calibrate the ribbon sensor.
- Ensure that you are using the correct power supply (each printer comes with a power supply). Also make sure that the printer is not plugged into a surge protector.