Incomplete Transfer on the First Few Cards of the Day
If your Fargo HDP5000 has transfer issues only on the first few cards printed of the day, the card printer settings can be changed to help resolve the issue.
The best option is to turn the printer off at night and let the printer warm at least 15 minutes in the morning before running the first print (just like pre-heating an oven).
Resolve incomplete transfer on the first few cards of the day
- Update your printer driver and firmware to the latest versions.
- Go do your devices and printers folder.
- Right click on the Fargo HDP5000, and choose Printing Preferences.
- Click on Toolbox.
- Click on the Advanced Settings tab.
- Make sure the standby and sleep timer are set to 0.
- Set the transfer temp offset to -10.
- Close the Printer Tool Box.
- Set the Transfer Dwell time to 2.5 seconds per inch, and the Transfer Temperature to 178.0 Celsius.