How to Resolve a Card Jam in a HDP5600/HDP5600XE
If your cards keep jamming when you try to print with your Fargo HDP5000 printer, there are several steps you can take to resolve the issue.
How to Resolve Card Jams
- Update your printer’s drivers and firmware to the newest versions.
- Clean your printer. Regularly cleaning the printer will keep out dust and debris, which can damage the print head.
- Try printing one card at a time.
- Try using a different pack of cards.
- Make sure your film and ribbon cartridges are installed correctly.
- Calibrate the ribbon sensor.
- Calibrate the film sensor.
- Ensure that you are using the correct power supply (each printer comes with a power supply). Also make sure that the printer is not plugged into a surge protector.