How to Resolve a Breaking Ribbon with a ZXP Series 3
If your ribbons keep breaking when printing with your Zebra ZXP Series 3 printer, there are several steps you can take to resolve the issue.
If your ribbon breaks, you can repair it by taping the broken ends back together to continue printing. If your printer continues to break the ribbon, follow these steps.
How to Resolve Breaking Ribbons
- Update your printer’s drivers and firmware to the newest versions.
- Clean your printer. Regularly cleaning the printer will keep out dust and debris, which can damage the print head.
- Ensure the ribbon is set correctly in the printer.
- Adjust the print head power.
- If you have a different ribbon and extra cards, try switching them out for the new ones.
- Finally, ensure your cards are not CR-79 sized, which can cause problems.