- Can I Order My ID Cards with the Slot Pre-punched?
- How do I know which proximity card I need?
If you have ordered cards in the past for your access control system, the easiest method for purchasing new cards would be to look at the information on your previous box of cards. We require your format, facility code, and range. You may need to look in your access control system in order to see the next available range, to avoid any overlap of issued numbers.
If you have not ordered cards for your access control system, just give us a call! We will be more than happy to help you. 1.866.458.6999
- Can I print on my door access cards?
Yes, but depends on the style of card that you have.
If you are using 'isoProx' proximity cards (pictured below) you can print directly onto your card
If you are using 'Clamshell' proximity cards (pictured below) you will need to purchase adhesive-backed cards (which basically works as a PVC sticker) in order to apply your print onto your proximity card.
- What is Avon's Return Policy?
- What are my payment options?
At Avon Security, all first orders must be payed by credit card, we accept
If you wish to be put on terms after your first order, please contact us and we will send you a credit application!
- My organization is tax-exempt, what do I need to do?
If you are tax-exempt, please specify in your order details. We will also need a copy of your tax-exempt form, please contact us to submit this document.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us: 1.866.458.6999
- How do I create an account?
It's easy! Just go to our account creation page, under New User you will provide your Name, Email, and Password - your email will become your login username.
If you run into any problems or need additional help please do not hesitate to call us! 1.866.458.6999
- How do I know what supplies to order for my printer?
If you know the printer brand (ex: 'Fargo') and model (ex: 'HDP5000'), you can easily use our supply finder to locate the right supplies for you!
Should you have any questions, issues, or need help, please do not hesitate to call us! 1.866.458.6999
- What will the cost per card be when it comes to printing supplies?
On average, the cost per single sided print is about $.40 - $.60, depending on the brand and model of the printer.
Know what brand printer and model printer you have?
You can find your ribbon by using our supply finder, or give us a call at 1.866.458.6999, we will be more than happy to help!
- Why is the software cardPresso?
We here at Avon Security are consistently striving to provide the best and easiest products for our customers.
After thorough research, we have found that cardPresso provides utility while maintaining a sleek and easy-to-use user interface; and we are proud to say they still remain the best choice to this day.
Experience the difference with cardPresso
- Can I print on both sides of my cards with a single-sided printer?
Technically yes, you can print one side of your cards with a single-sided ID card printer, load them back into your card hopper, and send them through your printer again to print the other side.
However, it’s not recommended because:
- Damage to a printhead from this type of nonstandard use may void printer warranty coverage.
- When you handle your cards after printing them, the cards will collect dust and debris from the air and oils from your hands. These contaminates can result in costly printhead damage.
- It’s time consuming.
- What makes a System a One-Box solution?
We offer bundles that includes:
ID Card Printer
Blank White PVC Cards
This ensures that you will have everything you need to get started cards right away.
- Single Sided vs Dual Sided, which is right for me?
Single-sided photo ID printers print on one side of your card in one pass. Most single-sided ID badge printers are lightweight and compact in size, making them ideal for any workstation.
Is it right for me?
Single-sided card printers work well for those needing basic ID cards with limited cardholder information (cards with only the employee name, photo, and company logo, for example).
TIP: Some single-sided ID badge printers can be upgraded to two-sided card printing as your needs change. So if your needs may change in the future, opt for a printer that is upgradeable!
Dual-sided ID badge printers (aka, duplex printers) print to both sides of your card in one pass, eliminating the time consuming process of manually flipping your cards. They also help prevent smudging your cards or damaging your printhead from unnecessary handling.
Is it right for me?
Choose a dual-sided printer if you want the front of your cards to remain clean and uncluttered. Printing some of your cardholder info on the back of your cards will keep the front of your cards looking their best! Dual-sided printers allow you to add additional information to your cards, such as:
- Additional Card Holder Data: birth date, contact info, etc.
- Schedule/Calendar: listing of upcoming events, sales, activities, holidays, etc.
- Rewards/Membership: program requirements, contact information, expiration date
- Disclaimer/Lost Card: property information, how to return a lost card
TIP: Another way to use dual-sided printers is to print your card design on both sides of your card. That way, no matter which way the card is turned, the ID is always visible.
- What is the average life of a PVC card printer?
With the proper maintenance and cleaning, (which we suggest you do with every ribbon change) you can expect your printer to last you 7 - 10 years.