Need a replacement Printhead? To find the right one for your printer, click here This Printer uses 88934
The Zebra ZXP Series 8 dual-sided printer combines retransfer technology with unparalleled print speeds and high quality images, allowing you to produce vivid color plastic cards – fast. To achieve this, the Zebra ZXP Series 8 dual-sided card printer utilizes Zebra’s image-processing technology and prints on both sides of the card in a single pass in an efficient landscape mode. Plus, the modular design of the ZXP Series 8 dual-sided printer gives you flexibility to add the encoding options you need, when you need them.
• Retransfer (also known as “reverse transfer”) is a card printing technology that produces rich, vibrant, saturated color on cards. While ID card printers using direct-to-card printing technology print images directly onto the surface of the card, retransfer card printers print images to retransfer film that is then heat rolled to the face of the card. This process results in increased image quality and card durability.
Easy integration and advanced management tools
• The ZXP Series 8 dual-sided printer is based on ZMotif, Zebra’s new XML standards-based printer and job control software language. Thanks to the ZMotif drivers and SDK, the ZXP Series 8 dual-sided printer is enterprise-ready, yet easy for anyone to use. The ZMotif toolbox application features a complete console for advanced card printer and driver configuration. Management features include user role-based driver password protection, print logging, configuration save and restore, and a selection of test cards. Integration of the ZXP Series 8 printer into local or networked systems is easy with its Microsoft® Windows® certified drivers and availability of both USB and Ethernet interfaces.
• Additional user-friendly features include a single-card feeder, a 150 card input hopper, a 15-card reject hopper, and easy access to print media. Plus, the 21-character LCD operator control panel feature offers printer information look-up and settings control, including English and Spanish language options, at your finger tips.
Optional enclosure lock
• The ZXP Series 8 features an optional lockable enclosure and card feeder, preventing unauthorized use of the printer and supplies. To further secure your printer, it includes a Kensington® lock slot.
Optional encoding (field-upgradeable)
• The ZXP Series 8 offers a variety of options that can be included in your printer initially or added on when you need them. Options include a magnetic stripe encoder, smart card contact and contactless encoders.
Optional Ethernet-to-USB device server
• Encode contact and contactless smart cards on your printer remotely. The ZBR-PS300 Ethernet-to-USB device server uses Zebra’s ZMotif SDK software to create a fast connection between your printer and the Ethernet connection. The ZBR-PS300 is easy-to-use and compact; simpy plug it into the USB port of your ZXP Series 8.
Optional wireless network connectivity
• The Zebra ZXP 8 offers the option of convenient and secure wireless card printer connectivity. Wireless connectivity allows greater flexibility and mobility and simplifies integration. No more costly, messy cables that tie your card printer to a specific location; now you can print wirelessly from anywhere in your facility! The Zebra ZXP 8 wireless option supports 802.11b and 802.11g networks as well as a wide range of security protocols and standards such as Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) and advanced Wi-Fi protected access WPA/WPA2.